Nice work hpidriver But How Do We Go Back to the Days Where Boro Was Huge?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ooa311, Nov 14, 2014.

1. ooa311

ooa311 BM v1 Subscriber

Rating - 100%
    49   0   0

Hey man I know you put a lot of work in this site hpidriver,

Its almost upsetting to see this forum is slowly starting to trickle away with member and views online. I know we want to keep this site exclusive but there are a lot of other great glassheads heading to other forms of media (secret FB groups, Instagram, ect.) that are formidably potential member that would be great additions to our community.

Anything that you need or can be done to help just let me know I don't want to see BM wither away been a member for G knows how many years and I want it to see this baby thrive!

Best to All and Stay Warm, Winter Is Coming!
    ooa311

2. UOFreeshards

Advertisement

0   0   0

3. hpidriver

hpidriver Administrator Administrator

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

@ooa311 When BoroMarket started four years ago the glass scene was a completely different landscape. Most people were not comfortable buying and selling glass out in the open and the few places that did provide a marketplace were very private and not advertised publicly. BoroMarket broke the mold a little because our primary purpose was being a marketplace for glass art. However, nothing was viewable to the public.
    As the popularity of Facebook grew, so did the willingness of people to be more open about their glass collecting and the buying and selling of glass that goes along with it. There's no denying the migration of traffic from forums to Facebook. Countless glass groups were formed, and most recently, people took to instagram to share glass art even further. The beauty of social media is the instant gratification it can provide to a mass population at a viral rate.
    Now, the glass scene is bigger than it ever was before. The changes we've implemented at BoroMarket are aimed at this. The new layout is more open and much of the site is visible to guests in order to entice new members to join. Our subscription and feedback systems help greatly to keep out scammers. We've added new site features that make the user experience easier and more enjoyable. So far, there has been a solid increase in user activity since the recent makeover.

Tl;dr
    As a member, the best thing you can do is to spread the word on BoroMarket and the love for glass art.

4. kenula420

kenula420 BM v1 Subscriber

Rating - 100%
    77   0   0

Love the new site and the ease of access thank you for making this forum possible.

5. Matical

Matical BM v2 Subscriber

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

This place is like no other, I appreciate the work and time put into it.

hpidriver likes this.
  6. Slk011

Slk011 BM v1 Subscriber

Rating - 100%
    305   0   0

I appreciate the time and work aswell....however I must admit while amount of members has gone up quality of members has gone down imo. One thing it seemed boro was good at was weeding out silly comments by monitoring beginners/ starter accounts post. I believe this should be brought back.Thanks again hpi!

JudgeDreddHead likes this.
  7. Theborobakery

Theborobakery Glass Artist

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

^exactly what slk011 said. I love the number of new members and inceeased activity but I can't even count how many times I have seen requests for name and date pics. Sloppy posts and unnecessary commenting. Some prepost moderation would be nice to have back. I am sure you guys will get it all dialed in soon enough. Loving the comeback though. Thanks for all the hard work.

8. HipHopapatomous

HipHopapatomous BM v1 Subscriber

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

Give new members a probationary period . I hate having my threads checked over before they are posted

Gatorboy240 likes this.
  9. hpidriver

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

You now have the ability to delete silly comments from any of your own threads.

If you see a thread or post that's not right, please report it! It helps out the staff greatly.

Thanks everyone for your feedback so far.

jl_martin likes this.
  10. dirtpie

dirtpie BM v1 Subscriber

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0

If someone doesn't have a name date pic in there thread should we report that as well? I've asked for a seller to post a name date picture in the thread of and item I was browsing that I noticed lacked one. I wasn't sure if I should report it or not.

11. hpidriver

Rating - 100%
    52   0   0

Yes dirtpie, please report threads without the name, date, BM pic.

12. DCM Distribution

DCM Distribution BM v2 Subscriber

0   0   0

Brand new here and really appreciate the opportunity.

13. Glass Enthusiast

Glass Enthusiast BM v2 Subscriber

0   0   0

I'm in the same boat as DCM - just very grateful for the opportunity and for people who get why quality assurance over sales rate is important.

14. BarneyFife

BarneyFife BM v2 Subscriber

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

:thumbupcool:

cardboardcowboy67 likes this.