Cleaners use crystals or not

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by conata, Mar 22, 2017.

1. conata

conata BM v2 Subscriber

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Hello, I wonder if anyone knows if cleaning crystals in glass cleaners (like formula 710) cause any scratches on the inside of glass tubes, etc?

I'm think I've noticed my glass has scratches after using cleaners with crystals. I should take a before and after picture sometime to see if it's true. I've been told the crystals are salt but not sure if that's true either. These cleaners are fast and effective but I may switch to blends without the crystals.

What do BM users like to use? Any idea if my hypothesis about scratches is right?

2. UOFreeshards

Advertisement

0   0   0

3. Rastafarian

Rastafarian

0   0   0

Any quick clean solution with abrasives are going to risk effecting your peice. Little granulates can/may get stuck in perks until(IF it) fully desolves. Or it could scratch your glass, make it dull, and/or scrape off logos *faster

what to keep in mind:
    Hardness of bong vs Hardness of abrasives (ie. China glass and a less soluble abrasive than salt is likely to be a softer glass combination with a harder abrasive=More damage. Pyrex/borosilicate/silicca with sea salt is a harder glass and a softer abrasive=less damage, less likely to scratch or tarnish)
    Do you have any logos that aren't sandblasted on? (These will eventually fade with your soakers such as grunge off, kleen soak(I believe it's called) and alcohol. The addition of salt however is a quick way to completely remove a logo. Tried carefully

RECCOMENDATION:
    water change frequently (first HOT then COLD)
    buy/utilize a CARBON FILTER or ash catcher
    Invest in Rez Block (shit works)
    Regularly run HOT 91%+ alcohol through your peice, flush with HOT then COLD water (watch how fast your tempe ture changes is if you have softglass) and use this method 80% of the time (repeating transition of hot water and alcohol or letting soak with alcohol can reduce most resin)
    DEEP clean with a REUSABLE BIODEGRADABLE NATURAL SUPER SOAKER (AKA GRUNGE OFF) may be the most expensive but it can last you all year if you're smart. (You can always run it through screens and filter out some of the gunk)

4. Rastafarian

Rastafarian

0   0   0

Lol my bong maintenance 101 but if you don't mind the small imperfections use salts/420 cleaner all day